Cookin' with Carrots
This document last modified
Honey Glazed Carrots with Pecans
1 lb. fresh carrots
4 Tbs. unsalted butter
2 Tbs. honey
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Smaller carrots are more tender and are a good choice for this recipe.
Scrub but do not peel the carrots in this recipes.
- Slice scrubber carrots into 1/2 inch rounds or julienne strips.
- Place carrots in a pot, pour in just enough water to cover and bring to a boil; cook 15 minutes and drain.
- In a large pan, melt butter over low heat until it bubbles, add carrots and stir to coat.
- Add honey, cinnamon & pecans, cook about 2-3 minutes stirring frequently.
Go to top
Sauteed Carrots & Leeks
4 cups carrots, peeled and julienned
1 leek, julienned
4 Tbs butter
salt and pepper
- Sauté leeks in butter, add carrots. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add seasonings to taste. Simmer a little longer, until carrots are cooked as desired (it's a matter of taste you see).
Go to top
Back to Volumes of Vegetables
[Search by ingredient]
[Request a Recipe]
[Add a Food Links]
[Submit a Recipe]
[Food clip art]
[Recipe Ring Members]
[Tasty Morsel Award]
Lu is proud to be a .
For more information on community leaders just click the logo!
This Page hosted by - Napa Valley