Chicken & Zucchini Casserole
4 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cubed
6 cups zucchini, diced
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 pkg. stuffing mix
1/2 cup butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Cumbine zucchini and onion in a medium saucepan, cover with water and boil for 5 minutes; drain and cool.
- Combine carrots, soup, sour cream, & garlic powder in a large bowl; stir until smooth.
- Add zucchini, onion, and chicken; mix.
- Spread chicken mixture in a greased 9 X 13 inch casserole.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, add stuffing mixture and toss well to coat with butter.
- Sprinkle over chicken mixture and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Casserole should be golden brown and hot!
Jay's Tuna Surprise
2 cups medium egg noodles
1 cup macaroni
1 onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 14 oz can corn
1 8 oz can sweet peas
1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 10 oz can flaked tuna fish
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
cheddar cheese (optional)
- Fill a large pot with cold water, add a dash
of salt, cover and over a high heat bring to a boil.
Once water boils, add pasta, and cook until
al dente - do not over cook !
- In a frying pan, over medium heat saute onions and celery, about 3 minutes.
- Season with oregano, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low, add mushroom soup, and stir until smooth. Slowly add milk until blended.
- Add corn and peas and tuna fish, stir just until heated, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium casserole combine drained cooked pasta and tuna mixture, mix well.
- Cover and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until bubbly. If using cheese, remove cover afet 20 minutes, sprinkle cheese evenly over the top and return
to oven until melted.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
6 oz. broad egg noodles
1 can tuna, drained
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup celery, diced
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1/4 green pepper, diced
1 10oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- Cook egg noodles until al dente; drain.
- In a casserole, toss together noodles, tuna, mayonnaise,celery, onions, greeen pepper and mushrooms.
- In a saucepan combine soup and milk, heat and stir in soup until melted.
- Pour soup over noodles, toss.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Clean Your Plate Casserole
8 ounces fine egg noodles
1 pound lean ground beef
1 can stewed tomatoes - 16 oz.
1 can tomato sauce - 8 oz.
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons meat seasoning
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup green onion, chopped
3 ounces cream cheese
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef. Drain beef and add the next 7 ingredients.
- In a medium size bowl, mix sour cream, onions, and cream cheese.
- Mix beef mixture with sour cream mixture. Combine with noodles in a 9 X 13 inch casserole dish.
- Cover with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Recipe serves: 6
Inside Out Ravioli
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion -- chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 jar spaghetti sauce -- 14 ounce
1 can tomato sauce -- 8 ounces
1 can tomato paste -- 6 ounce
1 can mushrooms -- drained
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
4 cups corkscrew noodles, cooked and drained
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, cook beef with onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder until the onion is tender; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste and mushrooms; simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine the spinach, noodles, eggs, bread crumbs and cheddar cheese; place half in a greased 9 x13 baking dish.
- Top with half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; let stand 10 minutes.
Recipe serves: 6-8
Hurry Up Ham Casserole
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
dash cayenne pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups elbow Macaroni, cooked and drained
1 cup ham, cubed
6 slices tomato
- Saute the green pepper in the butter, then blend in the flour and seasonings.
- Gradually add the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the Cheddar Cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the macaroni and ham, blending well, and pour into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Top with the remaining Cheddar Cheese and continue to bake until it melts.
Beef and Broccoli Casserole
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup onions, chopped
1 cup rice, cooked
1 pkg. frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick margarine, melted
1 cup cheese, grated
- Brown ground beef in skillet while rice cooks in rice cooker.
- Mix ground beef, rice and all other ingredients in skillet.
- Transfer mixture into a casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
Recipe serves: 8
Cheesy Italian Beef and Noodle Bake
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 14 oz. can tomatoes
1 7 1/2 oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups medium egg noodles
1 cup sour cream
1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
6 green onions
- In a large frying pan, saute ground beef and garlic; drain off fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook egg noodles, and toss with sour cream, cream sheese and green onions.
- Spoon half of the noodle cheese mixture into a greased casserole dish, top with
half the meat mixture, add remaining noodles and top wiht remaining sauce.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
Recipe Serves: 8
7 cups chicken broth, plus more as need for gravy
3 1/2 pounds chicken breast halves, with skin and bones
1/8 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
2/3 cup diced carrots
2/3 cup diced celery
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup frozen petit peas, thawed
1/4 pound smoked ham, chopped
2/3 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Combine broth, chicken and saffron in a large pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to large bowl and cool briefly; reserve broth. Remove skin and bones from chicken. Cut chicken into 3/4-inch cubes; place in 15 x 10 x 2-inch (4 quart) glass baking dish.
- Bring broth to boil. Add carrots and celery; cook 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to dish with chicken. Add green onions, peas, ham, onion and parsley to chicken.
- De-fat broth and add enough additional broth to equal 6 1/2 cups; set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add flour; whisk to combine an dlet cook for 2-3 minutes. Gradually whisk in broth. Boil until thick and smooth, whisking constantly, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add to chicken. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before continuing.)
- FOR TOPPING:
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400 degs. Whisk milk, egg and butter to blend in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls over filling. Bake cobbler until topping is firm and golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Cordon Bleu Casserole
4 cups cooked turkey, cubed
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups light cream
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3 cups cooked ham, cubed
1 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon dill weed
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, ham and cheese; set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add flour; stir to form a paste. Gradually add cream, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute or until thick. Add dill, mustard and nutmeg; mix well.
- Remove from the heat and pour over meat mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs, butter and dill; stir in cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.