Glorious Green Beans
Green Bean Bake
2 10 oz. pacakges french cut green beans
2 10 oz. tins cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp. oregano
1 can french fried onions (I use Durkee)
pepper to taste
- Prepare green beans according to package directions, drain very well.
- Combine 1 1/2 tins mushroom soup, oregano and pepper, stir until smooth.
- Mix together soup and green beans and place in a shallow 9' square casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, sprinkle with french fried onions and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Go to Top
Green Beans Au Gratin
1 lb. green beans
: buttered bread crumbs
: Cheese Sauce
: 2 Tbs. butter
: 2 Tbs. flour
: 1 cup milk
: salt & pepper to taste
: 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil green beans for 2-3 minutes, they should be just barely cooked and bright green;rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter until it bubbles, sprinkle with flour and whisk until a smooth paste forms.
- Slowly add milk to form and continue whisking constantly until all milk is used and sauce is thick ans smooth.
Add cheese, salt & pepper and stir unitl melted.
- Place beans in a buttered casserole dish, pour cheese sauce over top, and sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake in a 400° oven for about 20 minutes or until just bubbly.
Serving Suggestions & Notes
You can prepare the cheese sauce ahead of time, but bring it to room temperature before pouring over the beans.
Go to Top
[Search by ingredient]
[Request a Recipe]
[Add a Food Links]
[Submit a Recipe]
[Food clip art]
[Recipe Ring Members]
[Tasty Morsel Award]
Lu is proud to be a .
For more information on community leaders just click the logo!
This Page hosted by - Napa Valley