Creamy Rigatoni Vegetable Casserole
8 oz Rigatoni -- uncooked
3 cups Broccoli florets
3 Carrots -- thinly sliced
Vegetable oil cooking spray
3 Tablespoons Margarine
2 Tablespoons Minced onion
3 Tablespoons Flour
2 1/4 cups Skim milk
1/2 cup Grated Edam cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Go to top
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Five minutes before pasta is done, add carrots to pasta.
- Cook 3 minutes; add broccoli to pasta. Cook remaining 2 minutes.
- When pasta and vegetables are done, drain well.
- Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over low heat; saute onion about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour and continue cooking and stirring until mixture thickens.
- Add milk and cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix pasta and vegetables with sauce. Transfer to casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Spinach Noodle Casserole
8 ounces broad egg noodles
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk -- scalded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 10 oz pkgs frozen spinach -- cooked and drained
1/2 pound Swiss cheese -- shredded
Go to top
- Cook noodles according to packaged directions until just tender; drain and rinse.
- In saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and cook, stirring, one minute.
- Gradually add milk and bring to a boil. Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add seasonings and spinach. Stir and remove from heat.
- In greased baking dish, arrange half of noodles, and sprinkle with half of cheese; spoon spinach mixture over cheese.
- Add another layer of noodles and sprinkle with rest of cheese.
- Cover, and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake 15 minutes more.
Spinach, Swiss Cheese And Noodle Casserole
3 cups egg noodles -- cooked
2 tablespoons butter -- melted
3/4 cup swiss cheese -- grated
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup onion -- finely chopped
3 pounds fresh spinach -- cooked and chopped
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup bread crumbs
pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked noodles, 2 Tbsp melted butter, 1/4 cup swiss cheese and salt to taste.
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter and saute the onions about 3-5 mintues or until fragrant, add the spinach.
- Increase the heat and cook the spinach stirring often until all water is absorbed, season with pepper.
- Grease a casserole dish with butter and layer one third of the noodles in the bottom.
- Spread 1/3 of the spinach mixture over top and repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with the noodles.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter; remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb/cheese mixture over the casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
You need 3 full cups of noodles once they are cooked. This means you'll need to cook about 4 1/2 cups dry noodles.
Go to top